7000 South Utilities Construction Project Update
Construction Look Ahead – Week of 5/5/17 – 5/11/17
- Work will continue on 7000 South at 1300 West as crews construct new storm drain and sewer lines. Traffic has been switched to the outside lanes.
- Water line work is taking place on the south side of 7000 South between Redwood Road and 1300 West.
- Left turns are restricted at 2700 West, 2200 West, and 1300 West.
- Crews will be working at the 7000 South and 1300 West intersection on Saturdays (weather dependent).
- Tuesday, May 9th through Wednesday, May 10th, Running Springs Drive will be closed at 7000 South for crews to install storm drain laterals. Traffic may utilize 1905 West as a detour route.
- Thursday May 11th through Friday, May 12th, Lexington Drive will be closed at 7000 South for crews to install storm drain laterals. Traffic may utilize 2160 West or 2200 West as a detour route.
- At the South Jordan Canal (2300 West), traffic has been shifted to the north side of 7000 South to accommodate paving operations on the south side. The south sidewalk along 7000 South will be closed. Pedestrians and children traveling to school will need to use the crosswalk at 2200 West or 2400 West to access the sidewalk on the north side of 7000 South.
- Recently, several pieces of construction equipment and materials were stolen from the work site. A $2,000 reward is being offered by Knife River Construction for information leading to the arrest of those individuals responsible and/or the recovery of the these items. Please call the West Jordan Police Department at 801-840-4000 if you have any information.
Construction schedules are subject to change due to utility, material, weather and equipment delays.
For your safety and the safety of construction crews,
please obey all construction signage and flag operators.
Beginning in early February and continuing through Fall 2017, the City of West Jordan will be upgrading storm drain, sewer, and water systems along 7000 South between 1300 West and 3200 West. Work will include removing and replacing pipelines, installing box culvert canal sections, removing and replacing old utility services, as well as milling and overlaying a new roadway surface. Work is expected to take place Monday-Saturday 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., with occasional night work. Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction in work zones throughout the life of the project. Left turns from 7000 South will also be restricted. Traffic congestion and delays are expected. Motorists, pedestrians and cyclists are encouraged to use alternate routes when possible.
When the project is complete, residents can expect improved utility service, improved roadway drainage, and a smoother, safer commute.
City of West Jordan