7000 South Utilities Construction Project Update Week of 7/28/17 – 8/3/17
Construction schedules are subject to change due to utility, material, weather and equipment delays.
New Impacts & Activities
- 2200 West at 7000 South is expected to close to northbound traffic starting Monday, July 31 through Wednesday, August 9. Southbound traffic on 2200 West will be permitted to make left turns onto 7000 South.
- Traffic has shifted to the south side of 7000 South between Redwood Road and 1300 West.
Ongoing Impacts & Activities
- Sewer and storm drain laterals are being installed on the south side of 7000 South between 1985 West and 2200 West.
- Water line work is taking place on the south side of 7000 South between Redwood Road and 1300 West.
- The north side of the 1300 West intersection is expected to be paved Monday, August 7 through Wednesday, August 9.
For your safety and the safety of construction crews, please obey all construction signage and flag operators.
Beginning in early February and continuing through Fall 2017, the City of West Jordan will be upgrading storm drain, sewer, and water systems along 7000 South between 1300 West and 3200 West. Work will include removing and replacing pipelines, installing box culvert canal sections, removing and replacing old utility services, as well as milling and overlaying a new roadway surface. Work is expected to take place Monday-Saturday 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., with occasional night work. Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction in work zones throughout the life of the project. Left turns from 7000 South will also be restricted. Traffic congestion and delays are expected. Motorists, pedestrians and cyclists are encouraged to use alternate routes when possible.
When the project is complete, residents can expect improved utility service, improved roadway drainage, and a smoother, safer commute.
City of West Jordan