Construction Look Ahead – Week of 3/24/17 – 3/30/17
- Work will continue on 7000 South at 1300 West as crews construct new storm drain and sewer lines. East/west traffic will be moved to the north side of 7000 South, while north/south traffic will be shifted to the west side of the intersection on 1300 West.
- Starting Tuesday, March 28th through Friday, March 31st, Lexington Drive will be closed at 7000 South. Traffic can access Lexington using 2160 West or 2200 West.
- On Monday, March 27th, a temporary water shut-off will be in effect for residences on Lexington Drive from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Homes affected by this shut-off will be notified by the West Jordan Water Department.
- Starting Tuesday, March 28th through Thursday, March 30th, 2200 West will be closed to through southbound traffic.
- Crews will test the new waterline west of 2700 West next week, followed by installation of new water services. Crews will connect new water services to the properties west of 2700 West where the new main was installed.
- Crews will continue constructing new sewer lateral lines from residences on the north side of 7000 South between 1985 West and 2200 West.
- Storm drain and waterline installation will continue at the Salt Lake/Utah Canal (3100 West) for the next 2 weeks.
- Traffic at the South Jordan Canal (2300 West) will switch so both lanes traveling east and west will be shifted to the north side of the road as crews finalize box culvert installation. During this time, the south sidewalk along 7000 South will be closed. Pedestrians and children traveling to school will need to use the crosswalk at 2200 West or 2400 West to access the sidewalk on the north side of 7000 South. Crews will be working Saturday, March 25th at this canal location.
- Recently, several pieces of construction equipment and materials were stolen from the work site. If you see any suspicious activity, please call the West Jordan Police Department at 801-840-4000 or 911 if it’s a crime in progress.
For your safety and the safety of construction crews,
please obey all construction signage and flag operators.
Beginning in early February and continuing through Fall 2017, the City of West Jordan will be upgrading storm drain, sewer, and water systems along 7000 South between 1300 West and 3200 West. Work will include removing and replacing pipelines, installing box culvert canal sections, removing and replacing old utility services, as well as milling and overlaying a new roadway surface. Work is expected to take place Monday-Saturday 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., with occasional night work. Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction in work zones throughout the life of the project. Left turns from 7000 South will also be restricted. Traffic congestion and delays are expected. Motorists, pedestrians and cyclists are encouraged to use alternate routes when possible.
When the project is complete, residents can expect improved utility service, improved roadway drainage, and a smoother, safer commute.
Public Information Team