Final Application Period for Utah Export Acceleration Grant (EAG)
Utah Export Acceleration Grant (EAG)
Building on our efforts through the Global Cities Initiative and in partnership with JPMorgan Chase & Co., WTC Utah is excited to announce the Utah Export Acceleration Grant (EAG). The EAG provides small to medium sized companies resources to help advance their international business plan.
Grant funds are eligible to be used for services and activities that will help companies engage in increased exports and expand their international reach. Services and activities that are eligible include, but are not limited to, education, services and travel.
- Education: Grant money can help cover tuition and material costs for international business programs such as Salt Lake Community College’s Global Business Management Certificate or other proposed educational and training programs.
- Services: Examples of services that the EAG grant money can help cover are legal, translation, international product certifications, website translation, packaging and labeling, transportation/logistics consulting and research services.
- Travel: Grant money can help cover costs associated with trade missions, trade shows, market intelligence and research trips, etc.
Companies may apply for funds up to $10,000. The amount awarded will be determined according to the needs of the company and strength of its application. Applications will be accepted throughout the year and funds will be awarded on a rolling basis. Recipients of funds will be eligible to participate in a pitch competition at the end of the year to vie for additional funding. EAG awardees are also eligible to receive assistance available through WTC Utah Trade Services.
- Must be headquartered in Utah
- Have been in business for more than one year
- Have an international business plan
- Must be willing to share results from use of grant funds in the form of survey feedback and success stories
- Must be a small to medium size business (SBA small business size standards)
- Have a market-ready product or service with at least 51% U.S. content (USCS definition which includes marketing and storage expenses)
Application & Selection Process
Interested applicants may access the application at the bottom of this page. The application will ask for business contact information, company information, proposal for use of funds and amount requested, as well as a description of the potential impact the grant will have on company exports and overall revenue and employment.
You will receive a notice of receipt within three business days of submitting your grant application. If your application is incomplete or has issues, a member of the WTC Utah team may contact you. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Applications will be reviewed by each member of the selection committee, comprised of public and private sector business experts. Each member of the selection committee will review the proposals using the following criteria:
- Relevance of proposed activities and requested use of funds
- Potential economic impact
- Demonstration of team capabilities and experience
- Clear outline of goals and timeline
There will be a total of three application periods. The application periods are as follows:
- Initial Application Period: January 25th – March 31st
- Secondary Application Period: April 1st – June 30th
- Final Application Period: July 1st – September 31st
Applications will be accepted up until 11:59 pm MST of the last day of each application period listed above. Following the close of the application period, all applications will be reviewed and assessed, after which funding notifications will be sent out. We expect this process to take about two weeks, therefore, we expect to send out funding announcements about two weeks after the close of the application period.