Welcome R & O to the West Jordan Chamber of Commerce!
We’d like to welcome our newest members R & O Construction to the West Jordan Chamber!
R & O is a Construction Company that offers a variety of services including:
R&O Construction delivers its services in a number of different ways, individually tailored to the needs of the client. Whether you are looking for a general contractor, construction management or design/build company, you’ve come to the right place. We’re happy to meet with you and discuss the best delivery method for you and your project.
Regardless of the delivery method you choose, our goal will be to exceed your project expectations without comprising budget, safety or quality.
Guaranteed Maximum Price
Our firm is selected for projects based on our qualifications and reputation, we are often asked to provide clients with a Guaranteed Maximum Price, or GMP. Well known in the industry for our cost estimating and management capabilities, our firm confidently takes the risk of establishing a maximum price and performing the work without exceeding that number. Clients have the added advantage of knowing fairly early in the design process what their project will cost. We perform this service under an open book policy and return 100% of savings below the GMP to the Owner.
Traditional General Construction
At a time when many contractors are merely brokers of construction services, R&O cultivates an equal mix of design/build, construction management, GMP and traditional general construction work. This approach enables us to maintain our competitiveness and versatility while staying current with the latest in construction technology. While few building companies have retained the true “hands-on” expertise, we maintain a large staff of professional field superintendents, and will dedicate one superintendent who has similar project experience as your full time site manager.
We will begin your project by:
- Assembling a project team and clarifying all owner expectations before the project begins.
- Choosing only pre-qualified subcontractors who commit to your project. Each prospective subcontractor is put through an extensive interview process that substantiates licensing and insurance, trade references, bonding capacity, backlog information, safety performance and litigation. Our Sub Central database maintains a ranking of these subcontractors that tracks performance letters, safety deficiencies, job history, warranty performance, etc. High performing subcontractors are given a “star” rating.
- Carefully evaluating the feasibility of the design elements as they relate to the construction budget, time and life cycle costing.
- Providing pre-construction cost estimates and cost evaluations as well as assist with long lead item identification, alternate material suggestions, and any other items that effect budget and/or schedule.
During construction we’ll focus on getting the project done right. We will:
- Complete preparatory meetings with each subcontractor to assure compliance and a commitment that they have a full understanding of the project requirements.
- Create an itemized schedule that we’ll live by, and then weekly maintain a 3-week-look-ahead schedule. We will incorporate long lead items into our long term schedule and utilize our pre-task program to keep subcontractors on schedule.
- Consider inspections, testing and documentation part of quality control. Our quality control manager will monitor subcontractor performance during the project by regularly visiting each job site, and our superintendent will continually monitor their performance on a daily basis.
- Regularly and accurately record and post daily reports and meeting minutes; provide access to regular project progress photos that can be viewed securely online.
- Generate a weekly “punch list” of items that do not meet specifications and/or R&O standards, and see that they are corrected immediately.
Closeout and Warranty Services:
We’re not finished with your project until you are completely satisfied. This includes guaranteeing a smooth and worry-free transition from construction to occupancy. Our service typically includes:
- Walking through the project to define punch list items and completing all unfinished details in an expedient manner.
- Providing copies of warranties, guarantees and lien releases.
- Providing dependable follow-up and response time. If you have a problem, we will be there.
- Providing as-built drawings that realistically reflect changes and or modifications to the original construction documents.
- Providing owner operation manuals of all building equipment and conducting on-site training.
- Following up with a one year walk-through of the facility to guarantee items under warranty are working properly.
AND MUCH MORE! For more information about the services they offer…. check out their website!